Running home offices
N.B. We cannot mandate what our staff do in their own homes but will encourage them to adopt a sustainable workstation.
- By December 2022 we would have discussed and agreed with the board of directors on an approach to best encourage our staff working from home to think about efficiency of heating arrangements for their home offices.
- By December 2022 we would have discussed and agreed with the board of directors on an approach to best encourage our staff to install LED bulbs in home working spaces.
- By May 2022 we would have provided all staff with information on ‘green’ energy tariffs so that they can make an informed choice.
- We encourage all staff to ensure home working equipment is switched off when not in use.
- We encourage all staff to ensure recycling of all used printer consumables.
- In Casedo, we almost never use paper and by March 2022 we will ensure that any paper used for business uses is 100% Post Consumer Waste Content (PCW) paper.
- To reduce emissions from vehicles we will continue to maximise use of video-conferencing for meetings post-Covid.
- Since December 2021 we have adopted a ‘use of transport’ policy so that we have a principled approach to travel. You can read it HERE.
- From December 2021 onwards we start using Freenow EV option for all taxi journeys.
Purchasing Goods & Services
- By January 2022 we would have explored the environmental policies and impacts of our supplier businesses.
- From January 2022 we will consider environmental sustainability when reviewing contracts with other service providers.
Providing services to clients
- We will try to positively impact our clients to adopt an environmentally friendly practice through posts, newsletters and social media platforms.
- By December 2022 we would have identified and supported an organisation with an environmental cause that aligns with ours.
- We have now drafted and published our 2021/22 environmental policy. You can find it HERE.
- We are now officially certified by ‘Green Small Business’.
- By July 2022 we would have discussed and agreed with the board the feasibility of switching to ‘ethical’ insurance providers.
- By July 2022 we would have discussed and agreed with the board the feasibility of offering an ethical pension fund investments option to staff.
- By December 2022 we would have measured the business carbon footprint and set a target for net zero.