Sometimes in Windows, either on first installing Casedo, or at another time, you are faced with something like the following:
Casedo will show this window, but is otherwise unresponsive.
The easiest way to deal with it is to delete the Application Data using THIS METHOD. However, often Casedo won’t let you do that when this error is apparent.
If that’s the case, do the following, but before you start, make sure you close Casedo.
1. Open File Explorer
2. Go to the View menu and check that the Hidden Items checkbox is SELECTED
3. Back in the File Explorer main window, open This PC
4. Then open your Local Drive (Usually Local Disk (C:)
5. Open the Users folder
6. Open the folder that’s named the same as your UserName
7. Then, in order, open AppData, Roaming and Casedo (do NOT open the Casedo folder next to the AppData folder in the first screenshot below)
8. Then identify the file lowdb.json
9. At this point, the easiest thing to do is to delete the file lowdb.json. If, however, you can, it would be helpful if you could email it to [email protected] It has somehow become corrupted, and we’d like to understand what has happened in order to prevent this happening in the future.
10. Now restart Casedo. As you have cleared the Application Data, Casedo will ask you for your License Key. So just enter it as requested and Casedo should now work as expected.
As always, if you continue to have trouble, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].