Export case to PDF
With Casedo, you can export your Casefile into PDF. You can choose to export them to include either all bookmarks, or double-sided printing, or both. Doing this is as simple as switching on a toggle switch.
Before exporting your PDF, make sure that the documents you want to be included in your PDF are located in your Index and NOT in your Desk Space. Any documents in your Desk Space are for your private use only and do not form your bundle. Your Desk Space essentially acts as a holding area for your unsorted documents. Another exciting addition to the Table of Contents (TOC) feature, links are automatically added to the list items. You can now very simply add your Casefile annotations to the TOC, making it very easy to navigate the areas of the document you need.
To export your Casefile into PDF
1. Click on the ‘Export to PDF’ button
You can either export your Casefile through the Export to PDF button located at the right side of your Desk Space.
Or from the ‘File’ menu find ‘Export Case to PDF’.
2. You will then get a window that looks like the one shown below. Simply click on ‘Export’.
This will export you Casefile as a clean copy without any bookmarks or double-sided printing.
Export all bookmarks
To export all of your bookmarks with your Casefile, repeat step 1 as shown above in ‘to export your Casefile into PDF’ then you will see the following window:
To only export the bookmarks turn the toggle switch on for ‘Export all bookmarks’ as shown:
To include page numbers in bookmarks. Meaning the exported bookmarks will include page numbers, turn the toggle switch on as shown:
3. Now simply click on ‘Export’ and save your PDF.
Export for double-sided printing
1. To export your Casefile for double-sided printing, repeat step 1 as shown above in ‘to export your Casefile into PDF’ then you will see the following window:
2. Switch the toggle switch on for ‘Export for double sided printing’. You can choose to only export for double sided printing, or to also include all bookmarks. In this example we will export a PDF to include double-sided printing.
3. Now simply click on ‘Export’ and save your PDF
Export all bookmarks and double-sided printing
You can export your Casefile to include both features. Meaning your exported Casefile will include all bookmarks and double-sided printing.
1. Repeat step 1 as shown above in ‘to export your Casefile into PDF’
2. Turn on the following toggle switches
What does ‘Export for double-sided printing’ mean in practise?
Assuming that a printer is capable of printing on both sides of a sheet of paper. Exporting for double-sided printing means that the next document in the casefile to printed is always begun on a new piece of paper. The end of one document and the beginning of the next will never be printed on the same piece of paper. Much as a normal bundle is printed.
To demonstrate this see below.
In the following image, you can see that there are 4 pages in ‘Document 1’ , it has an even number of pages. Thus, when printing there will be no blank pages and you will end up printing 2 pages that are double-sided.
In this next image, there are 3 pages in ‘Document 3’, ie. there is an odd number of pages. Thus, when printing there will be a page with only one side printed on and the other side will be blank.
N.B. If before exporting your bundle you created a TOC, then the TOC items will be automatically hyperlinked in the exported PDF. You can then simply click on the TOC items and it will take you to the relevant page in the PDF.